Monday, August 18, 2008

No Place Like Home

A very recent, very short trip to my home town, finally gave me reason to write something here. Though I've realised no matter how I much I wax eloquent about home, it just wouldn't be enough...
Anyway, this is why I wanted to write here, reasons why I love Allahabad:

  1. It's home!
  2. It has these wide empty roads that allow me to speed up like crazy.
  3. I was born there :)
  4. I can talk in Bhaiyya language and everybody else does the same: D

"Kaisan ho babua?"
"Sab theek haiyye ki naahi?"
"Oo kidhar gayel?"
"Humka nahi maloom"
: D

  1. I have a HUGE house there: takes an hour to walk from one end to the other :P
  2. It's home.
  3. It is quiet.
  4. I know that city. I mean really know it.
  5. And the city knows me. People there know me, you know. I walk into a store and people recognise me... I meet people on the street and greet everyone around :) (And no, Allahabad is not a small town. It's a big city... with a heart)
  6. It is a big city with a heart ( Just to reiterate :P)
  7. It's the only city where I have a secret place.
  8. It's home.
  9. My dad and his dad, and his dad, all belong to this city.
  10. There is a road named after my great grand-dad.
  11. It gives me this warm feeling inside, as soon as I even step into the outskirts.
  12. There are places called Keedganj, Phaphamau, and Fatehpur Bichhua.
  13. There are places called Tagore Town, Colonel Ganj and Allen Ganj.
  14. It is MY city.
  15. It is where I can recharge my essence.
  16. Nothing bad can ever happen to me there.
  17. I feel like I own that city :)
  18. I feel comfort and security. I feel happy.
  19. It's home.

And guess what I'm listening to right now? "Sweet Home Alabama" :D :D

6 comments:

That Girl said...

Guess what was running through my head when I was reading this post - Sweet Home Alabama :)

Wow, your great grand dad has a road named after him?! You never told us that. Fancy!
The "kaisan ho babua?" thing toh you did in college also. So that one's familiar enough.
And Phaphamau, seriously? Hahaa.

Love the belonging-ness wali feeling of this post. Sweet Home Alabama, where the skies are so blue. Love the song.

RB said...

Now I can identify with that feeling. :-)

And the road after your great grand dad really is fancy!

And your bhaiyya language totally reminded of all your antics in college. Miss those times, man!

Anonymous said...

Hi, you write well but why have u written a post after almost an year...
A road after your great grand dad is awesome... tum bhi kuch aisa karo.. road nahi to koi gali- kucha tumhare naam par ho ;)

After reading your post I wished I could also go to my hometown...

Its always special being in the place you belong to...also it was quite a surprise to me that a girl who thoroughly enjoys MumBhai can like a smaller city like Illahbad so much... and lets start a culture of speaking bhaiya language in the college too :)

~Lord Anshul said...

ohh i love UP...never lived there as in lived there...but have every trait of a true UPerian :P

and food of UP,....mind blowing...

your great hrandfather had a road named after him...oh my god !! big shot..

and you tellming me that allahabad had wide roads ?? prolly only place in UP with wide non cluttered roads

Anonymous said...

I'm only writing because its "bad-blog-manners" to not leave a comment after reading.
So I've nothing much to write.

Vaise a road after your grandfather is quite cool :)

Shreya said...

A house that big...A road after your grand dad... Allahabad....life is so much more relaxed there... though I do feel like shaking people up after around a week of staying there.