Friday, November 25, 2005

My First Post Ever

Ok this is the first post on my first blog....oooooooohhh!!! :P

I have absolutely no idea why I've started it...Maybe to facilitate commenting on my friends' blogs (read Richa) or maybe to actually publify (is that a word!!??) my ramblings......(stupid idea really)

I know for a fact that Amiya and Jay will be happy with this development - they'll have one more link on their blog profiles.....
That's what they do - collect silly stuff.... like scraps, friends (on Orkut that is, links blah blah blah!!

I had so much trouble just getting started....HOW MANY NAMES DOES THE RUDDY SITE NEED???
One needs to be highly creative to come up with something for the following:
1) a user name
2) a display name
3) a blog title
4) a blog URL
I mean, whats the difference?? I had to call up somebody to figure this all out....
(Note to pro bloggers:"I am not dumb.")

I, for the time being, am sticking to my good old name. After all, there's nothing better than that, is there?? Sources have told me that everything can be changed/edited/improved etc etc so I'm content... at least abhi tak...

And this is not the grand opening of my blog that I had imagined. It should have been something witty, funny, witty some more that would have had people rolling on the floor with laughter.....but what the heck! I was never meant to be a Shakespeare or a Maupassant. If i were, would I have been doing economics??

So there. My writing abilities are out in the open. LOL all you better-writers-than-me ppl.



PS: I can't believe I've gone on and on long enough to make a decent length post.....PHEW!!! :D

11 comments:

That Girl said...

The first comment on your blog, yip yip!!

Yeah, I'm very happy that you have your own blog now. Because apart from the fact that it would be nice to have one more registered commentor for my blog, you really should have started this a long time back since 1) you're online as much as we are, and 2) you're never usually short of words.

And thankfully you've added "on Orkut" while mentioning mine & Jay's passion for 'collecting friends'! I mean, just saying "they like collecting friends" would have made us seem SO sad.

Haha, yeah that bugged me first too - why dya need to come up with SO many names while signing up on Blogger?? That apart, of course I didn't have any troubles figuring out the difference between them :P

Looking forward to more posts from you! Be activ-er than me on Blogspot :)

Richa said...

hey girl!!
not bad at all huh! and my name on your first ever post...i really am honoured. :)

keep blogging!!!

Silver Mist said...

@Ami:
ya i know..."collecting friends" sounds like the bone colector or something equally freaky!!!:P

@Richa:
keep feeling honoured.
and...........thanks!!!:D

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooooh!
ur first post and u got everyone hooked iwth ur impeccable sense of humor n inherent wit!
Kudos for a job well done!
[ N that is precisely asSOPPY as I can get]

Anonymous said...

not bad, not bad!!

when are u gong to post ur second blog?

"That's what they do - collect silly stuff.... like scraps, friends"

isn't that what u do on orkut?

Jayant said...

Woohoo!! No, I'm not happy because you finally made a blog but because I'm finally here to comment!
Well, getting on with it, not bad....for a first timer! Of course no everyone can make a first blogging impact as hard as mine, but nice try anyway. :P
Funny post. It's about something that every first time blogger thinks and gets irritated about. I remember it was so difficult for me to come up with a decent enough URL initially (remember i-fianlly-....? :P). Good thing you had an experienced and insightful friend to guide you along the getting-initiated-with-blogger procedure! :D
Well, already waiting for another post, so get started with thinking of a new topic to write about at least.

Silver Mist said...

@ Saum:
Thanks for being as soppy as you possibly could...though soppy is probably not the word i would have used!(True soppy is our POEM!!!)

@V:
Working hard on the next post.
And did ya have to mention MY scrap habits.[:x]

@Jay:
Thanks for commenting, FINALLY!
Gimme my story back.

R said...

congrats! interesting writing!

codeextracts said...

Welcome to the blogworld Dragon girl! :D

Good to know that you can blog too. Till now, collecting friends on Orkut, and writing scraps 24X7 was the only thing I knew about you. :P

Nice profile description, lol!

Keep posting. Be active! I'll now link your blog from my page. :D

Anonymous said...

hahaha!!
didn't knew that you have a blog!how come??Anyways, Welcome to BLOG world..really good 2 cu..and be regular..and keep visting my blog..and comment also..and study economics!!

Anonymous said...

anonymous above, is me, Amod!